Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just another awesome week in Cali


The week started out a bit slow, but not to worry... it got awesome by the end...
At my summer camp we have spirit days on Thursday and Friday. Well last Thursday our spirit day was Cowboy day, and well it's just not as much fun for the kids if the teacher doesn't get dressed up too, so I had to sport my Western wear to work. It was actually fun, I love playing dress up. However it was a little embarrassing because right after summer camp I had to go to the tutoring club and help two students with Algebra II and Biology. Then I had to go straight to Zac's soccer game, and everybody was looking at me pretty funny. Also a few people just had to ask what was up and I had to go into the big long explanation of why I was dressed like Calamity Jane. I also have to mention that my dad would have been very proud of me that day. Not only does my dad like his western wear, but I also patched a kid's band-aid with duct tape. Thanks dad for all the great ideas!

I also have to mention that Zac had an awesome soccer game! He scored 5 of their 8 goals, and 2 of them were in the last 30 seconds! And all that so they could tie the game! He's so freaking awesome, huh?! Even though he may look a bit like a little white weenie (see the pictures above and below) he is still my hero, and a hunk in my eyes!

Now on to other things . . .
So we went to Santa Cruz again this weekend. What can I say? It's freaking California! We have to take advantage of the fact that we live so close to the beach! This time we went with Jesse, Cat, and Pupface. We hit some pretty bad traffic on the way there so we decided to stop in Los Gatos for some lunch, and we found a really cute little pizza place that was really good. Afterwards we decided that we didn't want to wait until the beach to get wet so we played in the fountain at a nearby park for a while before we took off again.

When we finally made it to the beach we just played around for a couple of hours. The boys played with the Frisbee and the football, and challenged each other to a series of competitions like who can jump the farthest, who can make the coolest one-handed catch with the football, and who can take on the biggest wave. At the end they graciously decided that overall it was a tie; the perfect solution to satisfy both of their egos. While this was going on us girls played with the puppy. This time she wanted to play in the water, apparently she only does when it's on her own terms. She also likes to chase a stick, she isn't real big on the whole fetching and bringing it back part, but that could be because the stick is about as big as she is so it would probably be pretty hard to carry. Pupface also tried to pick a fight with about seven other dogs that were 10 times bigger than her, so we had to periodically go save her from an almost certain death! Also Zac decided he wanted to bury me in the sand, but I would only let him bury half of me, and then Cat thought it would be fun to make me look like a mermaid, so thus I became a mermaid. I wanted Pupface to dig me out, but she didn't understand my directions, and just jumped all over me. So we pretty much love the beach, and we love living so close to it too!

4 comments:

  1. I think there is a good chance your hubby is whiter than I am and that is quite the accomplishment. Man when you have spirit, you have spirit! No wonder you were getting looks in Jamba Juice. You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow...he is white!!!! I'm so excited you have a blog! I didn't know that and now I do and now I will blog-stalk you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff! i wanna go to the beach, and play frsibee and soccer! Punks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Love the mermaid fins! ;) I'm so jealous of California life- all the beach and stuff. We just have the heat without the beach! doh! Looks like you guys are having WAY too much fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete