Sunday, July 5, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

So for Memorial Day Zac and I drove out to Capitola, which is a cute little town just south of Santa Cruz. We walked around town and had some lunch, but they weren't as dog friendly as we imagined they would be, and the beach smelled really bad. So we decided to go to our favorite beach, which is Carmel; just south of Monterey. Its funny because we realized later that Carmel is where we went last Memorial Day weekend, and we had Pup Face with us last time too! We just chilled on the beach, strolled around town and enjoyed our time together and with our foster puppy.

This is a little candy shop that we always go to in Carmel, it is so cute and it looks like it is straight out of a Mother Goose story.

And since this weekend turned out to be our last Puppy watching experience I had to post all of pictures of her as a tribute to our little baby. Our friends Cat and Jesse (her real parents) moved away to Florida on June 30. We are so sad! And not just because they took little Pup Face with them! (Although I will miss her desperately and I'm campaigning even harder for Zac to let me get a puppy of my own since we have no more friends!) Actually Cat and Jesse were some of the closest friends we have ever had and we miss them so much! Jesse decided to join the Navy and so they are moving to Florida for training. I think Jesse will be much happier in the Navy, but man will we miss them! Oh and our other friends Ryan and Kaylee moved the weekend following Memorial Day so we have been without them since the end of May! They were also some of our closest friends ever! Ryan ended up getting a really good job in Sacramento, so they have moved there onto bigger and better things. We are really happy for them, but also really sad for us at the same time. We really have lost all of our friends here, so I guess we have to start at ground zero again and make all new friends here in San Jose. :( I am still wallowing in self pity; however, luckily for me, Zac- my eternal optimist, is confident we will stay in touch with our old friends, while making new friends.


3 comments:

  1. Kira! You look beautiful! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd never see the day--Kira blogged again. How are you guys????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Kira T. I'm sorry you lost your friends and even more sad that you lost that adorable little doggie. Zac is right though, you two will definitely meet new people and just don't give up on the whole dog thing. ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete