Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Night

For Halloween Night we got together with Jesse, Cat, Ryan, and Kaylee. We all met up at Cat and Jesse's house, and of course little Pupface was there as well.
Jesse was a ninja, Cat was a geisha (but she got chocolate on her costume before we got a picture), and Pupface was Picachu.

Zac was a King, and I was a Queen. For anyone who might be worried, don't worry, I didn't actually dye my hair (or grow it really long overnight) this is actually a wig. I thought it would be fun. I look so different right? The little blurr you see at the bottom right of the picture is Pupface jumping up trying to be in the picture. Our costumes turned out pretty well considering I only had four days to do all of it! I made Zac's top and pants, my dress, and both capes. Plus factor in that I had to buy the patterns in kid sizes since they were out of adult sizes, so I had to alter the patterns, cut out all the fabric, and my sewing machine kept freaking out on me and making my life just that much more difficult! We tried to make these really cool crowns too, but they ended up looking more like chef's hats than crowns, so we just used these pre-made ones. It was hard work, but I think it paid off, because they turned out really cool.

Ryan and Kaylee were presents. I thought that was a pretty cute idea.




For our first activity we made gram cracker haunted houses. We decided to make it a competition of girls vs. boys. I think you can guess who won. The girls of course! I will have to admit however that the boys had some really good architectural ideas, but it took them so long to put it all together that they didn't have any time to decorate. This is a picture of the boys haunted house.

This is the front side of the girls.





And this is the back side.


For our second activity we broke up into couples and we each got a bag of random stuff and we played Halloween "Project Runway" for Pupface to see who could make the cutest costume for her.


This is Jesse and Cat's witch costume.







This is Zac and my witch costume.





And this is Ryan and Kaylee's pirate costume.









She looked so cute in all of them that we decided to call it a tie.

After that we did a murder mystery game, and that was really fun. We all picked character books, and learned secret information, played charades, and revealed information. After we all submitted our guess as to who the murder was we discussed it as a group. All though no one guessed right on their individual guess, as a group the majority of us did correctly guess Zac's character as the murder.

We had a really great time, and we are so grateful that we have such awesome friends who like to get together and do this totally fun, yet somewhat corny types of things with us. All in all, we had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing seamstress! I can't believe you made all that, and in only a few days!!

    Pupface looks so cute in all those clever costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! Kira- I can't believe how cute your costumes turned out! I can sew, but nothing like that. For a costume like that, I'd buy the pattern and then send it to my mom. Maybe I'll be sending them your way from now on. Those costumes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made those costumes? That is totally cool. I love them! You guys look awesome. You look great as a red head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira:

    You are very talented. Not only with the needle, but also the pen.

    It looks like you are having a bunch of fun. That is the greatest tool for having a happy marriage. Keep it up.

    Love you both,

    Verl

    ReplyDelete