Sunday, November 22, 2009

Halloween in Review

Better late than never.

Zac and I went to my parent's house for Halloween this year. We had a ton of fun while we were there.

The first thing on the agenda was to dress the poor cats up in Halloween costumes. Kayla took great (evil) pleasure in torturing the cats in this way.






Squeaker the little witch and Morteki the Pirate.

Turns out Morteki was actually fairly content with the whole process he mostly just laid there and purred. This was notably surprising if you know Morteki at all. As you can tell from the picture he basically just sat there and let Kayla take pictures of him. My personal opinion is that he was too afraid or too uncomfortable to move because he had these little tiny straps that went around his legs.

Squeaker on the other hand was a basket case. She enjoyed nothing about being in her little costume. She kept trying to walk backward to get out of it, and then she would hide under the desk in a dark little corner, I think it was because she was embarrassed about how ridiculous she looked.


The next day when Zac got there, the first thing we did was to go to OMSI (The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry- for those of you who have never been there before). We explored the exhibits and played the brain teaser puzzles.














Later we all carved pumpkins.

I carved the Cheshire Cat

Zac did the Superman sign

Kayla did a cat with fish bones


Kevin did a bat

Mom did a cat sitting on the moon

And Dad did some sort of creature (self portrait maybe? He he.)

These we didn't even carve, they were like Mr. Potato head pieces that you just poke into the pumpkin.


The house at night, all decked out for Halloween!

Then we went to a corn maze in the dark. We thought there would be lights so none of us brought flashlights so we had to use cell phones to guide us through.



Truth be told, every single one of us cheated. My mom and Sandy ended up getting so lost that they had to come back out the entrance (and they were still last). Zac and I used the map as did Kayla and Kevin. I will say we tied getting out, although Kayla and Kevin technically exited the maze first. That was only because they could run and I could not. We both reached the same point near the end of the maze at exactly the same time and then they took off running, and it was really muddy and I didn't want to risk falling (I'm pregnant remember) so we just had to walk fast. However if Zac hadn't stayed back to prop me up I guarantee he would have gotten out first. Kayla and Kevin may have long legs but Zac is one of the fastest sprinters I (or anyone else who has watched him run) have ever seen.









Good times. Anyway when we got back we of course had to stuff our faces.
That was pretty much the highlights of what we did. While I was home I was also crafty in my down time. I had my dad busy out in his shop cutting out Halloween decorations for me to paint.

I made this ghost.

This set of pumpkins.

And the cat sitting by the fence.













My mom has had all of these for years and I decided I liked them and wanted a set for myself so I decided I would copy them that weekend. (With my daddy's help of course!)
So when I got home I had to put up all my new Halloween decorations (even though Halloween was over at this point) and take some pictures.










Before I left for my parent's house I made this little WITCH decoration, (that my dad had cut out and mailed to me) which I guess it what put me in the crafting mood when I went to my parent's house.




Well that was our Halloween. I know this post was a long time coming, but I had to wait until I saw my mom again in Nov. to get the pictures from her. I'm so glad my mom brought us home for the holiday, we had so much fun!

4 comments:

  1. Those are such cute decorations your dad cut out for you! Love them. Glad you guys had a good Halloween with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to see your family at Halloween. I know Kayla had a great time too. What fun family times you all have together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house looked so cute and I love the kitties in their little costumes! They just look so darn cute. I'm considering getting them christmas ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mow - I want a way to print your blog - they are so cute!! I need them for my book!

    ReplyDelete