Tuesday, February 2, 2010

November

Okay I do realize that it is February and the title of my post is "November," but I am finally catching up on all my postings for the last 3 months! So obviously I am starting with November...

Yosemite

At the beginning of the month my mom came out to visit us while she was on a business trip. She stayed after her business was over and took me to Yosemite National Park. Zac chose to stay home and watch football games, so it was just a mommy/daughter weekend. It was a beautiful perfect fall weekend. The weather was nice, it was just a little cool and crisp, and the fall colors were beautiful.

We stayed in these very high class little tents. Everything was all booked up so we had to stay in these canvas-sided tents, but at least they had a heater and beds, it beats real camping in a tent and sleeping bag any day!









We saw a bunch of beautiful waterfalls and pristine scenery.




While walking we came across this family walking this very cute little puppy! It looked a lot like little Pupface (our friends' dog that we dog-sat for when they were out of town) and I just melted when I saw it! The little doggie's owners were kind enough to let me hold her, and of course I had to get a picture to show Zac to try and convince him to let me get one of my own, but he is still unconvinced. He says I'm getting a baby and I should be happy with that. I still want a Pomeranian (although I am excited about getting a baby too).


We went on lots of little walks, and we took the park bus system everywhere, it was really nice. Also we ate at some of the nice restaurants at the lodges, and it was actually really good food.







This is me carrying all of our bedding back to the car. It was a great weekend, and I'm really glad my mom came out to visit and took me to the park!

Utah

A couple of weeks later I went out to Utah. I left about a week and a half before Zac and stayed with his parents in Murray, and it was actually really cool to get to spend some time with them. I went to lunch with Ann (Zac's mom) and we got to talk about Zac and all his "Zac-isms" for like 4 hours! It was awesome!

Brittany's Wedding
The reason I left before Zac was so that I could be there for one of my very best friend's weddings. Brittany Chambers is one of my closest friends from college, we were roommates for 3 years, and I love her to death! She found a very wonderful man named Kenton Young, and they were married in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity on November 19, 2009. Her wedding was absolutely beautiful, and a I am so happy for her!













This is almost all the roommates reunited! Tricia (Spencer) Layton, Courtney (Lunt) Buell, Brittany (Chambers) Young, and Kira (McKay- ha ha just thought I would throw that in there to keep the parallelism in tact) Greenhalgh. We are just missing Ashley (Ewell) Harrison who couldn't get off work to come out. :( We missed having her there, but it was really great to see all my other roommates again, I miss them so much!

Look how amazingly tall he is! I still remember when we were first roommates our Sophomore year and Brittany told me about her "dream man" and she said that he HAD to be tall, 6 feet was the absolute shortest she would go. Well Brittany certainly met and exceeded that desire! In case the door frame behind them isn't enough for a frame of reference you should know that Brittany is like 5'10"! Don't worry, Kenton does have other great qualities besides being tall :) he is really nice, and funny, and he is a really good match for Brit!

I am so glad I was able to be there for her wedding and share this wonderful moment in her life with her!

Thanksgiving


Zac wasn't able to take much time off from work, but he was finally able to come out a day before Thanksgiving.
Unfortunately we forgot to get pictures of us with Zac's family for Thanksgiving, so I am just including a picture of the Thanksgiving decorations I put up at our apartment. :)
It was really great spending some time with the Greenhalghs, being in California we don't get to see them very often. On Thanksgiving day Zac's older sister Aubree and her husband Phil were there, as well as his younger brother Rawleigh. Ann made us all a wonderful meal. The next day Zac's older brother Garrett, his wife Ashley, and their two daughters Greta and Finlee came down from Logan and we all went to Spanish Fork where Aubree and Phil live to go to a craft fair and we had lunch at a little Mexican restaurant. Finlee was about 6 months old at the time, and this was the first time we got to see her, and man is she cute! It is amazing that Greta and Finlee can both be so extraordinarily cute, and yet look and act so completely different! Zac and I are hoping that our daughter will be as cute as those little girls! It was really great getting to see so much of Zac's family, we didn't get to see Zac's oldest sister Heather, her husband (Quentin) and two children (Geneva and Wesley) because they had either decided to stay home (they live all the way out in Illinois now!) or they had decided to visit Quentin's family. We also didn't get to see Zac's youngest brother Dallin who is still on his mission in Hong Kong (he returns in March!).

BYU vs. UTAH Football Game

The weekend after Thanksgiving was the "Big Game." And man was it intense! Utah scored first but then BYU went up, and we dominated for the 2nd and 3rd quarter, but then we let them come back in the fourth quarter, and they managed to tie it up at the very end of the game. Then in overtime we held them to just a field goal and we turned around and scored a touchdown to win the game! It was awesome!!!

Zac's brother Rawleigh came through for us and was able to score us some tickets from his friends in the the student section for a really good price, which was really awesome of him, and it was great fun being in the student section again!!!


And this is everyone rushing the field after BYU got the big win! Zac and Rawleigh ran down right away. I actually got down onto the field too, but I waited until it was not a mad rush since I didn't want to get pushed or trip and fall (probably a bad idea when one is pregnant).
The game was awesome! I'm so glad we got to go, it was a ton of fun! But man oh man being back on campus makes me realize just how much I miss BYU and how much I wish I could go back! I love that school!


Well that wraps up the month of November, sorry it was so delayed, stay tuned for December, it's going to be even longer and have even more pictures! Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It was great to see all your photos and see what you've been up to lately. It's too bad we didn't know you were in town in November!! Although we might have been in St. George when you were here. I hope your pregnancy is still going well. I know your daughter will be beautiful. Can't wait to read about December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a very busy month! Sounds like fun though. Glad you and your mom could have some fun time together- mommy/daughter time is the best for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at you blogging away. So nice to see you are keeping happy and healthy and entertained. Pretty pictures of the park. Hope all goes well with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for updates!! that is so neat you and your mom got to have a momm/daughter weekend. those are so awesome. sounds like it was fun too. :) and those tents with heaters?? awesome.
    sounds like a fun month.
    i'm ready to hear about december now!!

    ReplyDelete