Friday, March 19, 2010

Projects Completed

So in January Zac and I flew back to my parents' house to work on our projects some more. Zac had finished pretty much everything on the crib other than the varnish, and my dad had spent the last 3 weeks putting the finish on so it could get done. So when Zac and I came back Zac started work on the changing table. Again Zac designed it from scratch and he and my dad just figured it out as they went along. We were there for 3 days and Zac got a ton done, but there was still quite a bit to get done when we left. My dad did as much as he could, but there was still a lot to get done once we got it here. I went along to finish the bedding that my mom and I were working on. I finally finished the quilt while I was there, and my mom took it to a professional to have the back quilted on.

However; we were still left with the problem of the furniture being in Washington so in February my parents drove the furniture down over President's Day weekend. It was a lot of driving (for my dad especially!) but we REALLY appreciated it! So once the stuff got here we set up the crib since it was done and here is how it looks: Pretty amazing right? It looks absolutely beautiful and I am so proud of Zac and my dad! They did a phenomenal job, and I think it looks better than anything we could have bought!
You can kind of see the bedding that I made too, which I think turned out really cute. My mom took a bunch of pictures when they were here of us with the stuff, and I will have to get those pictures and put them in the post, since they are better than the ones I have, but these will have to do for now.
My parents helped us get the supplies we would need to finish the changing table here, and we set it up in our garage and Zac would spent the next couple weeks doing the finishing, and putting the whole thing together.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That turned out so beautiful! You are all so incredibly talented! The crib is so special- and so cool because it is totally unique. I hope little Gabriella knows how much she is loved that her daddy designed it just for her. :) And Kira- the bedding is so pretty! You and your mom are quite the team! You taking orders? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crib is gorgeous! What a family treasure.

    ReplyDelete